What is your name & surname?
Gillian van ‘t Hof
What is your current role at Gone?
National Retail Manager
What lead you to working at Gone?
A great coffee chat with Grant. I come from a retail background and Grant contacted me when he brought Patagonia to Cape Town.
What is your Instagram username?
What's your favourite sport - climbing / surfing / trail running ?
Trail running/hiking, surfing and pilates
- Regular or goofy? Goofy in all sense of the word on a longboard
- Favourite break? Muizies and Huletts in CSF
- Dream surfing destination? Iceland if I was any good, but otherwise Sri Lanka
If trail running:
- Favourite trail? Rocket Rd - single track to Sandy Bay
- Anything you are training for at the moment? To try keep up with my team on the GONE. store run:)
- Dream trail running destination? I would love to run in the bush
What is your favourite piece of Patagonia gear?
In terms of functionality my Houdini and R1 Fleece, but my real favourite is my Retro X Jacket, it is so kiff!
What’s the one thing you think that people don’t know about the Patagonia brand? They have garments and bags which are made from 100% recycled material, used plastic bottles and cotton scraps!
Your favourite weekend escape / micro-adventure?
My folks with their friends built a holiday house in Onrus themselves. IGOMA ‘i got off my ass’. We all grew up working on the house. We go there often and it is always a happy time.
What is your ultimate /dream outdoor-adventure trip?
A van trip around Iceland
What is the last photo you took on your phone?
Friends and family making pizza at our home over the weekend
Cat or Dog person?
Share a description of your favorite material object that you already own? Kindle
Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
I wish but no
What is your favorite documentary?
The Eagle Huntress
If you could put anything on a billboard, what would you write?