What is your name & surname?
What is your current role at Gone?
I'm supervisor of the 44 Stanley store
What led you to working at Gone?
I come from an ecology background and working for Gone involves two of my favourite things - sustainability and the outdoors.
What is your Instagram username?
What's your favourite sport?
- favourite trail? KZN Drakensberg, especially Monk's Cowl and Cathedral Peak
- anything you are training for at the moment? Just trying to keep up with my boyfriend
- dream trail running destination? Northern Sweden during midsummer
What is your favourite piece of Patagonia gear?
I love the Uprisal Sweatshirt, it's so comfy and warm (plus it's 95% recycled)
What’s the one thing you think that people don’t know about the Patagonia brand?
Patagonia has been using organic cotton since 1996 and are now piloting regenerative organic cotton farming. Regenerative agriculture not only uses organic methods but also builds soil and enhances biodiversity.
Your favourite weekend escape / micro-adventure?
The Drakensberg is always a favourite, as is visiting my dad who lives in the Langkloof area.
What is your ultimate /dream outdoor-adventure trip?
Trekking through the Rwenzori Mountains (the mountains of the moon)
What is the last photo you took on your phone?
The plum tree in my garden in full bloom
Share a description of your favourite material object that you already own?
My ever-growing collection of vegetable and herb seeds
Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
Nothing I can think of
What is your favorite documentary?
Our Planet, and probably all David Attenborough documentaries
If you could put anything on a billboard, what would you write?
Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. - Maya Angelou
- Cats or dogs? Dogs
- Shopify or iTunes? Spotify
- Oceans or mountains? Mountains
- If you could have an unlimited storage of one thing, what would it be? Thai food, or the ingredients to make Thai food