The Makalu is an absolute classic you can always rely on when hiking! It comes equipped with the new Aergon Air. This latest generation of grip specially adapted for trekking and has been redesigned for comfort and control and improved in countless ways. The special hollow core technology allows a combination of lightweight construction with large, supportive surfaces that meet all the ergonomic requirements of your hand. The Aergon Air´s grip head is fully rubberized for maximum grip and control when going downhill. Optimal wrist guidance and pole placement is aided by the inclined angle. The aluminum tube gives the Makalu great stability and makes it a sturdy companion for all tours. Adjustable from 110-145cm.
- Grip: The Aergon Air combined lightness with stability. Its ergonomic shape provides maximum comfort, while the fully rubber grip head provides absolute control.
- Lock Security Strap Skin 4.0: Adjustable strap with safety release. It is ultra-light, highly breathable and offers ideal comfort.
- Grip extension: Grip extension for simple grip adjustment on steep terrain or when traversing.
- Speed Lock Plus: The adjustment system works via an external clamping mechanism which allows for easy adjustments and offers maximum hold.
- Trekking Basket 2.0: Compact trekking basket. Protects against sinking into snow and mud and can be changed easily by hand.
- Flex Tip: Robust tip that guarantees precise pole positioning and an optimal grip on nearly any terrain.
Aluminum HTS (Heat Treated Shaft) 6.5